Before we dive into the lesson I want you read 3 different verses
Genesis 1:1 says “In the Beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth”
In the New Testament, John 1:1 talks about the same thing.
John 1:1-3 says” In the beginning the Word already existed, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him.
The WORD, in the verse means Jesus! Jesus created the Heavens and the Earth, nothing was created without Him! Not only that, but He is God!
Look at Colossians 1: 15- 16a it says “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God, He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation. For through Him God created everything in the Heavenly realms and on Earth….”
Jesus was there with God before anything was created. This means Jesus and God are the same! Jesus exists forever in the past and forever in the future, just like God! He has no beginning or end!
Now, let us focus on lesson 1 as developed by the Deaf Missions Group. Everything below is from them.
Look at the chart to help you understand the 7 statements below.
1. The first day God said, “Let there be light!” (Genesis 1:3). God separated the light from the darkness. He named the light “day” and the darkness “night”. Read Genesis 1:4-5
2. The second day God made a space to separate the water below it from the water above it. He called the space “Sky”. Read Genesis 1:6-8
3. The third day God made dry land and told the Earth to grow grass, plants, and fruit trees. Read Genesis 1:9-11
4. The fourth day God made the sun, moon, and stars. Read Genesis 1:14=19
5. The fifth day God created the animals that live in the water and all kinds of birds. He told the sea animals to have more babies and fill the seas, and He told the birds to have many more babies. Read Genesis 1:20-23
6. The sixth day God created the land animals and humans. Read Genesis 1:24-26.
a. Man and woman are the best of God’s creation. Man and woman are the most important of all God’s creation. Why? Because God breathed the breath of life into them. Read Genesis 2:7. They are created in the image (likeness of God) Read Genesis 1:26-27 and Genesis 2:22-23.
b. God put man and woman in charge of everything He created. Read Genesis 1:28
7. On the seventh day God stopped creating and making new things. He rested. “God looked at everything he had made. And he saw that everything was very good” (Genesis 1:1”)
Remember that everything God created was Good! This was before sin entered the picture. Humans were made in God’s image! We are His best creation! In the next lesson, we will learn about how sin separated us from God. Keep in mind- God always had a plan. Jesus was always with God even before everything was created! He knew what was going to happen next and already planned to have Jesus become a sacrifice for us- why? Because He loves us- we are His best creation!